The Vampire Diaries has been a beloved TV show since its debut in 2009. One of the biggest questions that has been plaguing fans since the show’s conclusion is if Damon and Elena, the show’s primary love interests, ever had children. This question has been asked many times, yet no one has ever been able to provide a definitive answer. However, by closely examining the show’s timeline, its references to Elena and Damon’s future, and its narrative arc, we can come to a better understanding of the answer to this burning question. So, do Damon and Elena have kids? Let’s take a closer look at The Vampire Diaries and find out.
Do Damon And Elena Have Kids?
This is a question that has been on many Vampire Diaries fans’ minds. It’s definitely something that could be explored in future seasons, but for now, there’s no definitive answer.
Background Of The Vampire Diaries
- The Vampire Diaries is an American teen drama television series that aired on The CW from 2009 to 2017. The series follows the lives of teenagers living in the fictional town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, and their relationships with one another and with vampires.
- Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) is a vampire who was turned against his will by Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev), and he is the brother of Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev). Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) is a vampire who was turned against his will by Damon and Elena, but he eventually becomes a friend to them. Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola) is a witch who befriends Elena after she saves her from being killed by Stefan. Tyler Lockwood (Michael Trevino) is a werewolf who befriends Elena after she saves him from being killed by Stefan.
- The show was created by Julie Plec and developed by Kevin Williamson, both of whom also served as executive producers along with Caroline Dries. The show is based on the New York Times best-selling novel of the same name by L. J. Smith.
- The series originally aired on The CW from September 22, 2009, to May 17, 2017. On May 18, 2017, the series was renewed for a final season and aired from October 20, 2017, to May 19, 2018.
- A spin-off series, The Originals, which followed Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan) and his siblings Rebekah (Claire Holt) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies), premiered on October 11, 2015, on The CW.
- The Vampire Diaries has been nominated for and won a number of awards, including five Teen Choice Awards, three People’s Choice Awards, and two Golden Globe Awards.
- Damon and Elena have a son, Stefan Salvatore, Jr. (Logan Lerman), in the first season and a daughter, Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola), in the second season.
Evidence That Damon And Elena Do Have Children
- In “The Return”, Elena mentions that she and Damon have a daughter. I’m so excited to explore that dynamic and see how different she is from the other Salvatores! I’m sure there’ll be plenty of interesting storylines and plot twists that unravel from this new revelation. It’s going to be a thrilling journey! With a daughter, Elena and Damon will definitely have to find a way to balance their conflicting personalities, and it’ll be fascinating to watch them learn how to parent together. Plus, let’s not forget the potential romantic relationships! I’m sure having a daughter will complicate matters in that department, making the whole show even more exciting. There’s no doubt that this new addition to the show will bring many interesting changes, and I can’t wait to see what they bring!
- In “The Return”, Damon is shown with a baby that he says is his and Elena’s. It’s interesting to think about what this means for the future of the show. We know that Elena was pregnant in Season 3, so it seems likely that this baby is theirs. It’ll be interesting to see how Damon and Elena deal with this new development, and whether or not they reveal their daughter to Stefan and Caroline. It would make for an interesting plot twist if they didn’t want their daughter to know her biological family, which could lead to some exciting conflicts down the line.
- In “The Return”, Damon says that he and Elena had to leave their daughter behind. This is a heartbreaking moment, and it’s clear that Damon deeply regrets having to leave his daughter behind. It’s interesting to think about what might have happened if they had been able to stay together and raise their daughter together. It would be an interesting plot twist if Elena ended up being the mother of Stefan’s children, as that would create some interesting familial dynamics. Either way, I’m sure this development will have a big impact on the show moving forward.
References To Elena And Damon’s Future
- In episode 21 of the show, Damon and Elena discuss having kids. Damon says that he doesn’t want kids, but Elena seems to be open to the idea.
- In episode 23, Damon and Elena are in a diner and Damon mentions that he has a vasectomy. This suggests that they have not yet had children.
- In episode 24, Damon and Elena are discussing their break-up and Elena mentions that she’s pregnant. This suggests that they have had children in the past, but the baby was lost or they have since had a child who is not mentioned in the show.
- In episode 25, we see a scene in which Damon is talking to Stefan about Elena. Damon mentions that he’s going to be a dad and Stefan seems excited. This suggests that Damon and Elena have recently had a child.
- In episode 26, Damon and Elena are having dinner and Damon mentions that he’s going to be a dad again. This suggests that they have had two children since the last episode.
Analysis Of The Show’s Narrative Arc
- In Season 1, Elena and Damon have a child together but they lose the baby in childbirth. This creates a rift between them and Damon leaves town.
- In Season 2, Elena comes back to Mystic Falls and finds out that Damon has been living a double life as a vampire. She confronts him and they reconcile. They eventually have another child together but this time the baby dies in childbirth.
- In Season 3, Elena is pregnant again and she and Damon decide to keep the baby. However, when they go to deliver the baby, they are attacked by Stefan Salvatore who kills Damon. Elena gives birth to their son alone and decides to name him after her dead husband.
- In Season 4, Elena finally comes to terms with her loss and decides to raise her son as a single mother. She starts a relationship with Stefan and they have a child together.
- In Season 5, Elena and Stefan decide to move away from Mystic Falls and start a new life. They have another child but this time it is revealed that Stefan is not a vampire and the baby is killed in a car accident.
This is a question that has yet to be answered, as the show has not yet come to a close. However, it seems plausible that they do, as they have been depicted as being in a committed relationship for some time and have expressed an interest in starting a family. If this is the case, their children would likely be around the age of 25 or 26 by the time the show ends.