You’re probably wondering how you can get fat without noticing. After all, it’s not like you can accumulate fat and not know about it. However, if you think about it, you might be able to do just that. It’s common for people to put on weight gradually and not even notice it until much later. You could be gaining a few pounds here and there and not even realize it until your clothes stop fitting. When this starts happening multiple times in a short period of time, you’ll know something is up. If you don’t want to find yourself in that situation and would prefer to take preventative measures now, keep reading for some helpful tips!
How Did I Get So Fat Without Realizing It?
You didn’t get fat overnight, so it’s likely you didn’t gain the weight gradually either. In fact, most people who are overweight or obese don’t realize they’ve been slowly putting on weight over the years until they take a step back and look at their whole body composition. This is because the human body is very good at compensating for small changes in weight, and so we tend to only notice a significant change in our appearance when we’ve gained about 10-15 pounds.
Record Everything You Eat
- Not only does this make it much easier to track your weight gain, but it also helps you identify what foods are making you gain weight.
- By recording everything you eat in a log, you will be able to see exactly how many calories are in each item. This will help you determine if the foods that are making you gain weight are actually healthy or not!
- It’s easy enough to buy food pre-portioned and ready to go, but when it comes time to prepare all of your meals, having a hard copy of your calorie intake can really help out!
- If you’re not very good at keeping track of everything that goes into and onto your body, then simply write down everything that goes into your mouth and onto your plate or bowl. You may not be able to keep up with every bite all the time, but if enough time has passed since the incident occurred (e.g., an hour), then you’ll be able to remember what you ate.
- Try not to skip meals if you can help it, though. Skipping meals can lead to overeating and not realizing how much weight you’ve gained because you’re too busy and don’t want to bother with counting calories!
- Try to keep track of food intake at the same time every day, even if it is just for a few days or weeks at a time. If you are going out for dinner and eating out of a restaurant, then write down everything that is on your plate before leaving the table and bring that with you when going home. The same goes for all of your other meals, as well!
- If your job requires travel (i.e., airline pilot, law enforcement officer), then try to keep good records of all the food in your plane or police car so that it will be easier for you to track what you eat.
Exercise Every Day
- Exercising every day is one of the best ways to lose weight. Not only does it feel good, but it is also an effective way to burn calories and fats. You can burn up to 1,500 calories in a single hour of intense exercise!
- Exercise stimulates your body’s production of endorphins, which are natural painkillers that help you feel good while exercising. This is why exercise feels so good!
- Exercise also helps you develop healthier eating habits. When you exercise regularly, you’ll be more likely to eat healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables because they make you feel better when you are feeling tired or hungry.
- Exercising also helps you sleep better at night when your body needs rest more than ever before. The energy that comes from doing activities like walking or running will keep you awake and active throughout the day, so don’t make excuses for not getting enough sleep!
- Exercise keeps you in shape, which makes you feel better about yourself and more confident. If you’re not in shape, then you’re not as happy as you could be. No wonder so many people don’t exercise!
- Exercise is also a great way to have fun and make new friends, especially if you are exercising with others at the same time. It is a great way to meet new people who enjoy the same activities that you do!
Cut Out Temptation Foods
- Cut out foods that are high in sugar and fat. These include things like candy, pastries, ice cream, cakes, desserts, and other junk food. It’s best to remove these items from your diet completely. If they must be consumed, make sure they are consumed in moderation.
- Cut out processed foods. When you cut out processed foods, you’re cutting out a lot of unnecessary calories as well as harmful fats and sugars that can contribute to weight gain.
- Cut out fast food and junk food at least one day per week if not more often than that! This will help you avoid the temptation of those high-calorie treats for longer periods of time and help prevent weight gain from happening too quickly!
- Cut out sugary drinks. Sugary drinks are just as tempting as sugary foods and can be just as detrimental to your health. Try to limit your intake of these beverages as much as possible!
- Avoid eating out at restaurants that serve unhealthy food! This will help you avoid the temptation of fast food and other junk food at a restaurant, which can be just as bad for you as eating it at home!
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep yourself from getting dehydrated from all those sugary drinks you’re trying to avoid drinking! Drinking water will also help keep your digestive system running smoothly, which is essential for weight loss and healthy digestion in general.
Don’t Be A Comfort Eater
- Comfort eating is when you eat food because you’re hungry and not because you’re actually hungry. You eat it because it makes you feel good. This is a surefire way to gain weight, especially since comfort eating usually consists of high-calorie foods like junk food, chips, and other sugary treats.
- find yourself eating out of boredom or stress, then make sure to go for something healthy or light rather than ordering something that’s packed full of calories that will only make you feel like crap afterward. By making a conscious effort to curb your appetite before going out to eat, you will be more likely to choose healthy options when the time comes.
- Don’t be afraid to skip meals if need be! There are plenty of times when skipping breakfast can help your body get used to skipping meals on a regular basis while still keeping your metabolism running strong. You can also do this by cutting back on sodium and sugar.
- Do you find yourself constantly craving high-calorie foods? This is a surefire indicator that you’re eating too much. If you find yourself grabbing junk food with your friends, then it might be a good idea to avoid them until you can get to the gym and focus on losing weight.
- Eat smaller portions at each meal rather than larger ones. A large portion can easily contain more calories than what’s recommended by the USDA and will leave you feeling hungry again soon after eating it! This is also a great way to trick your body into thinking it’s full because your stomach will feel full even though there’s still food left in the bowl or plate!
If you’re wondering how you can get fat without realizing it, you’ve come to the right place. You should now have a better idea of what’s causing you to gain weight without seeing it and what you can do to fix it. It’s not uncommon for people to gain weight without noticing it, but it is something that you can easily prevent. Simply be more aware of what you’re eating, start exercising regularly, and avoid eating too many tempting foods, and you should be able to prevent weight gain.