Let’s face it: Smart TVs are awesome. They’re essentially all-in-one entertainment centers, with access to apps like Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video built right in. But the catch is that not all smart TVs support the same streaming services. For example, while you may have seen plenty of articles touting how smart TVs will soon have built-in support for services like Hulu and Netflix, that doesn’t appear to be the case. Instead, various brands have their own proprietary versions of these services – which often leads to some frustrating limitations. Many manufacturers don’t allow their smart platforms to communicate with other brands or services (e.g., If you own a Samsung Smart TV, you can’t use your Samsung account on a Roku). This means that if you want to watch videos from a service like Hulu on your smart TV, you might not be able to do so unless it came preinstalled as standard functionality.
How Do I Get Hulu on My Smart TV
Hulu is a video-on-demand service that is owned by Walt Disney Company, 21st Century Fox, and Comcast. There are many reasons for your smart TV not being compatible with Hulu. First of all, there are protocol compatibility issues with smart TVs and Hulu. Secondly, you may have to pay a subscription fee to be able to use Hulu on your smart TV. A third reason may be that you don’t have a strong enough Wi-Fi connection to support the streaming requirements of Hulu on your smart TV. The fourth and final reason may be that your smart TV simply isn’t capable of running Hulu regardless of its protocol compatibility, subscription requirements, or Wi-Fi connectivity.
How To Stream Hulu On Your Smart Tv Using A Chromecast
- Plug the Chromecast into your TV, using either of the HDMI ports.
- Plug the other end of the Chromecast into your computer or mobile device, using a USB or HDMI cable, depending on what you’re using. This is how you stream Hulu from your computer to your TV.
- Open an internet browser on your computer or mobile device and navigate to hulu.com/chromecast. You’ll be prompted to log in with either your Hulu account information or if you’re a first-time user, you’ll be prompted to create an account on their website in order to watch Hulu online free on your smart TV.
- Click Allow when prompted and then select Watch Now from the menu that appears at the top of your screen in order to begin streaming Hulu videos from any of their channels directly onto your smart TV screen from any website that supports this service (including most major news sites).
- If you have an account, sign in to Hulu with your username and password on the upper right of the screen. If not, you can create an account by clicking “Create New Account” in the upper right corner of the screen, entering your email address and password, then clicking “Sign Up” in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To play a video on Hulu from your PC, click the play button on that video instead of clicking “Play from Hulu” at the top of this page (the option you would use if you were using a mobile device). Alternatively, if you want to watch one episode from a series or just want to browse through films and TV shows without watching them immediately, click “Play from Hulu” at the top of this page since Hulu videos micro USB cable.
How To Stream Hulu On Your Smart Tv Using A Roku
- Connect the Roku Streaming Stick to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Plug in the Roku Streaming Stick and turn on your TV. If you want to use a remote, it’s probably best to use the one that came with your TV (unless you want to shell out some cash for a universal remote).
- Download the Hulu app from Roku Channel Store, if it isn’t installed already. You can find it by clicking on “TV programming & movies” on the home screen and then searching for “Hulu” or scrolling through the list of apps that appear. Once it is installed, you should be able to start watching Hulu content in no time!
How To Stream Hulu On Your Smart Tv Using An Amazon Fire Stick
- The first step is to plug the Amazon Fire Stick into an HDMI port on your smart TV.
- The next step is to connect the Amazon Fire Stick to your smart TV using an Ethernet cable if you have a Wi-Fi connection issue.
- Next, you need to turn on your TV and navigate over to the Home Screen. Go to Settings > System > About Device and press “OK” repeatedly until you see the “Developer Options” pop-up menu on the right-hand side of your screen. Press “OK” again and then go down to “Debugging” and press that button repeatedly until you see the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option appear – then press it twice more to select it.
- Next, select apps from unknown sources by pressing OK so that it stays selected for about 5 seconds before selecting “Backspace” on your remote control in order to confirm this selection. Now turn your smart TV off completely, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on before selecting “Backspace” again.
- Next, you will be able to press the Home button on your remote control to go back to your Home screen and open up an app called Downloader. Select this icon, then select the “OK” button on your remote control to confirm this selection. Open up a web browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, then head over to www.firefox.com to download the official Firefox app for Android smartphones and tablets onto your smart device (you can also access the web address at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile).
How To Stream Hulu On Your Smart Tv Using A Smart Hub
1. Look For The Hulu App.
If you’re using a smart TV from a brand like Samsung, LG, Vizio, or Sony, you’ll likely find that your smart TV comes with built-in support for Hulu. Outside of some manufacturers like Vizio (which also offers a standalone interface for streaming video content), this will likely be the case. But if it doesn’t, don’t worry! You can still download and install an app on any device (even smartphones and tablets) to enjoy Hulu on your TV. This can be done through an application such as a web browser or app store (e.g., Google Play or Apple App Store). Once you have installed the video player, enter www.hulu.com/activate in your browser address bar and follow the instructions to make sure everything is set up correctly before trying to watch videos from Hulu on your smart TV!
2. Download The Hulu Player App From Google Play Or The Apple App Store.
You can also simply use a web browser to download the Hulu player app from Google Play or the Apple App Store. From there, you can choose which device you would like to stream videos from, such as your smartphone or tablet. Once you have installed the Hulu player on your mobile device, you can stream videos using it and log in to the streaming service using a web browser on your TV.
3. Log Into Hulu, Then Log Into Hulu On Your Smart Tv.
Depending on how your smart TV works, this may be a little tricky. Typically, when you log into a service like Hulu or Netflix through an app such as the one provided by Roku or Amazon Fire Stick, all devices that have access to the same account will automatically share those credentials within the home network – which means that all of the devices in the house can use them! But this won’t always be the case with smart TVs from non-Samsung brands or models from other manufacturers. The details depend on how different websites (e.g., Netflix) are set up and worked with by each brand/model of TV.
If you want to watch Hulu on your smart TV, your best bet is to get a streaming device like a Roku or Fire Stick. However, be sure to check if you need a subscription to access Hulu through the device. Alternatively, you can also use a smart hub to power on your smart TV and select the Hulu app if it’s already installed on your TV.