You’ve probably seen the Fastrak logo at one of the many toll roads in the area. Fastrak is an electronic toll system that replaces cash payments for drivers traveling on certain toll roads. Instead of paying with cash, you can use a pre-paid account to pay your tolls electronically. Fastrak uses technology that identifies and records your license plate before you enter a toll road, then automatically deducts the cost of the toll from your pre-paid account (also known as a tag account). You won’t need to pay with cash again! This article will explain everything you need to know about Fastrak and its benefits.
How Does Fastrak Work?
- Fastrak is a GPS-enabled bike tracker that tracks your bicycle using GPS and sends you notifications when you are gone.
- It works with any bike, even custom bikes like MTBs, road bikes, and mountain bikes …
- You can track your bike’s location in real-time as well as see all the previous locations on a map, so you always know where your bike has been.
- You can also receive notifications when your bike is found or if someone reports it lost or stolen.
- With the app and hardware, you can lock and unlock your bike at will, wherever you are, and whenever you want to use it again!
- The hardware is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, so it works anywhere!
- You can use the app even if you are not connected to the internet, so it works even on airplanes!
- You can share your bike’s location with your family and friends and get notifications on their phones when you arrive or leave.
- You can also share your location with other people, who may be looking for you, so if you are lost or need help finding a place you can contact someone nearby and ask for help.
- The hardware comes with a battery pack, which can give you up to 3 days of battery life in case of emergency!
- The hardware is waterproof and shockproof as well, so it will work even in the rain!
- You can install the app on your phone and use it with your bike’s built-in GPS, or you can use the hardware to get the GPS location without connecting to the internet.
- The app is available for both Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, so it works anywhere!
What Is Fastrak?
Fastrak is a free electronic toll system that lets you pay for tolls automatically through your pre-paid account. It’s a great option for frequent commuters or frequent visitors to the area, as you can set up an account and never have to worry about paying cash again! If you’re an occasional driver, Fastrak isn’t the best option for you. You can still pay cash on the toll roads, and if you have a FasTrak® account, you can link it to your license plate to allow for discounted toll rates for frequent users. You can also use electronic toll systems like the ones at the I-15 and SR-118. And although Fastrak was designed for people who cross a toll road often, you can use it even if you drive through a toll road only once in a while.
How To Set Up A Fastrak Account?
- Head over to the Fastrak website at http://www.fastrak.com and sign up for a FasTrak account.
- Go to the Pay by Phone section on the site and select either Gift Cards or Pre-Paid Accounts as your payment method (the option you chose will determine if you’re using a gift card or pre-paid account).
- Enter your unique code that was printed on your pre-paid card and click Continue.
- Select your vehicle identification number (VIN) from the drop-down menu, enter it into the box, and click Continue once more.
- Once you complete this step, you’ll be asked to complete a PIN verification process next. Enter in the code from your pre-paid card into the box provided, and click Continue once more to finish setting up your account!
- You can now head over to any of our toll roads in California with your Fastrak-enabled device and pay for your tolls automatically.
- You can also link your FasTrak account to your Fastrak account, which will allow you to pay for tolls at a discounted rate.
- You can also link your Fastrak account to your credit card so that you can pay for tolls by credit card. Just make sure the toll road allows electronic payments. If you have any questions about linking your accounts, just give us a call at 1-888-FASTRAK (1-888-378-8725).
- Finally, if you’re an occasional driver, you don’t have to worry about paying cash on the toll roads anymore! Just go to the Pay by Phone section of their site and sign up for a pre-paid account (if you choose gift cards as your payment method), and then use the same code from your pre-paid card when setting up your account and linking it to your license plate.
- You can also sign up for a FasTrak account and link it to your credit card if you want to pay for tolls by credit card. Just make sure the toll road allows electronic payments. If you have any questions about linking your accounts, just give us a call at 1-888-FASTRAK (1-888-378-8725).
- The Fastrak website offers a free test drive of their service, so check it out!
- In conclusion, Fastrak is an innovative way for drivers to pay tolls using their cell phones. It is easy and convenient to use, and even though it might seem expensive at first, you will see that the cost of tolls will soon go down as you become more familiar with this system! So go ahead and set up your account today!
Why Is Fastrak Beneficial?
- You don’t have to worry about paying cash.
- You can pay tolls automatically through your pre-paid account.
- You can link your FasTrak® account to your license plate so that you get discounted toll rates for frequent users.
- The information stored in Fastrak is encrypted, so it’s safe from hackers and identity thieves.
- It’s easy to set up your account and pay a toll bill with just a few clicks of the mouse!
- You can pay for tolls from your phone or tablet.
- You can set up Fastrak to auto-pay your bills so that you don’t have to remember to pay for them.
- You can get e-mail reminders so that you don’t forget to pay your bills!
- Your account is protected by a PIN, and you can set up a passcode so that you can access it even when you’re not online.
- Fastrak has an online toll payment service that lets you pay for tolls from home or the office any time of day, and it will even send an email reminder for your bill!
If you regularly drive on the I-15, SR-76, or SR-118, using Fastrak is highly recommended. Not only does it save you the time and effort of stopping to pay cash, but it also lets you drive through the carpool lanes. Using Fastrak can save you a lot of time, which is especially helpful if you are traveling with young kids or are in a hurry to get to work.