If you are a student, whether in high school, college, or finishing up post-grad study, you likely need an email address that reflects that. Unfortunately, many free email services such as Gmail and Yahoo don’t allow users to register with an edu email address. There are some services out there that let you get a free edu email address; however, they involve plenty of hoops to jump through and can take a fair bit of time. But if you’re looking for the quickest and easiest way to get your own unique edu email address in as little time as possible and without handing over any personal information, read on. To get started, you’ll need to have either Windows or Mac OS installed on your computer as well as have a Google Chrome browser installed. You’ll also need to have at least one friend who is willing to help you complete the steps listed below. If you are reading this article on an app or another website other than Chrome (or another browser with limited functionality), we recommend switching to the Chrome browser for optimal viewing and ease of navigation through the different steps in this article
How To Get An Edu Email Address Free?
Step 1: Go to Gmail
First, open a new tab in your Google Chrome browser and click on Gmail.
Step 2: Find an Edu Email Generator
Next, type the following into the search bar on the top right side of your screen: “edu email generator”. You’ll likely find a few options on the first page of results.
Step 3: Create Your Free Edu Email Address
Once you’ve found a service you like, click on the blue “create account” button. You’ll be asked to provide a few details about yourself such as your name, email address, and password. You’ll also have to select a user type from a drop-down menu, but for this, you can simply choose “student”. Once you’re done, click on the blue “create account” button to finish the process. Once the account has been created, click on the “login” tab in the top right corner of the page and click “forgot password”. You’ll likely receive an email with a link to reset your password. Once you’ve done this and logged in, you’ll be taken to your new email inbox.
Step 4: Change Your EDU Email To Google’s SMTP
On your new email, click the settings tab in the top right corner of the page, then click “account”. You’ll be brought to a page where you can edit your account information, including your email settings. Now, you’ll want to click on the “Add another email address you own” box and enter your Google email. You’ll most likely have to enter a verification code that is sent to your Google account as well. Once you’ve done this, click “Continue” and then “manage other settings”. Scroll down until you see “Outgoing server”, then click on it. Now, you’ll want to change your outgoing server to “Google” instead of your email provider’s server. Once you’ve done this, click on the blue “Save” button at the bottom of the page to finish the process.
Benefits Of Using Edu Email:
- You get a free email address that is not associated with your real name (your school)
- You have the option to have a “professional” email that does not look like school or personal emails
- It is free and easy to set up
- It is anonymous, which means you can use it for business purposes without being worried about your identity being revealed
- It has no connection with your real name, which means they will not be able to trace you if you ever want to change your email address
- You can use it for multiple applications such as business, personal and socializing purposes
- It is easy to remember
- You can use it at any time
- It is useful for keeping in touch with family and friends
- You can use it for your job application or correspondence with your employer
Getting a free Edu email address is something that many students may find themselves looking to do. Unfortunately, many services require you to provide information or even pay money to get your own address. Fortunately, there are ways to get a free edu email address that doesn’t involve giving out any of your personal information. One of those ways is outlined in this article. We hope you’ve found it helpful and wish you the best of luck in getting your own free edu email address!
Q. What is the best free email address?
- The best free email address is one that you can use on a daily basis. It should be easy to remember and not too long. Most people tend to choose a domain name like edu or gov but this can be confusing for people who do not know what these words mean. You can choose a domain name that has a little more meaning to it, such as your nickname or your name in general. You will also want to make sure that it ends with .edu because this is what many schools look for when they are searching for students to have their email addresses on their school’s servers.
Q. How do I get a free edu email address?
- There are many ways you can get a free edu email address, but the most common way is by signing up with an online service provider and using their free service until they decide to close down your account and then changing your email provider and signing up again with another online service provider, which you will do at least once per year if not more often depending on how many emails you need in your inbox. Another option would be going through various schools, colleges, and universities’ websites and requesting an edu email address through their website or through social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, etc… Finally, there are some sites where you can purchase an edu email address (for example Gmail) but these are very expensive so it might be best if you just try out multiple services until you find one that works for you.
Q. How many emails do I get?
- Depending on how many emails you need, this might be different but most people usually get unlimited emails and they can be sent to the private email address that they have created with the free edu email account. If you are not sure how many emails you will need, it is best if you get a free edu email account that has an unlimited number of emails and then see how many emails you can use in your inbox before deciding to change your provider and use another one with a smaller number of emails in your inbox or a free edu email account with an unlimited amount of emails and then see if the amount of emails in your inbox is enough, again depending on how many emails you will need before deciding to change providers.