Pinworms are small worm-like parasites that live in your child’s intestines. Your child can get pinworms from contact with contaminated objects such as towels, bed sheets, clothes, or other personal items. Children are more susceptible to getting pinworms because their immune systems are still developing. Although these worms cause no permanent damage and can be easily treated with medication, it may take several weeks for the symptoms to disappear completely. here are some tips on how to get rid of them overnight naturally:
How To Get Rid Of Pinworms Overnight Naturally?
Garlic: A natural wormer
Garlic is one of the best home remedies to cure pinworms because of its anti-parasitic and anti-fungal properties. It cleanses the body and prevents infections from taking over. It also works as an anti-parasitic agent by killing worms and parasites in your gut and has also been shown to be effective against pinworms. You can eat a clove of garlic a day to keep pinworms and other intestinal worms away. You can also chew on a few garlic cloves after you brush your teeth. Or, you can consume garlic as a tea or use it as an ingredient in your cooking. For best results, you can also mix it with coconut oil and apply it to the affected area.
Ginger is another herb that works as a natural wormer and is effective against pinworms. It has anti-parasitic effects, especially on pinworms and their eggs, and is even more effective when consumed with black pepper. Ginger can be used in many ways and can be taken in the form of a tea, mixed in a cup of water, eaten in the form of a fresh ginger snack, or even eaten in a stir fry.
Cinnamon and Cardamom
Cinnamon and cardamom are two potent spices with anti-parasitic properties that can help get rid of pinworms. You can use them in milk and curd to relieve the pain and itching caused by pinworms, or you can make a paste out of them and apply it to the affected area.
Basil and Oregano
Like many other herbs, basil and oregano have anti-parasitic properties that can help get rid of pinworms. You can make tea out of these herbs or you can also use them in a fresh juice.
Baking soda is another one of the best home remedies to cure pinworms because of its anti-parasitic properties. It is also effective against other worms and parasites in your gut. For best results, mix baking soda with water and drink it to get rid of pinworms. You can also use it as a foot wash or make a paste out of it and apply it to the affected area.
Licorice root has anti-parasitic and anti-fungal properties that make it one of the best home remedies to cure pinworms. You can make a tea out of licorice root and drink it a few times a day to get rid of pinworms.
The leaf is another herb with anti-parasitic properties that work as a natural wormer and can be used to get rid of pinworms. You can make tea out of it and drink it a few times a day to treat the infection. You can also chew on the fresh leaves of the plant to get rid of pinworms.
Black Walnut Tincture
The black walnut tincture is one of the best home remedies to cure pinworms because of its anti-parasitic properties. You can make a tincture out of black walnut and take a few drops of it a day to get rid of pinworms. You can also use it as a foot wash or make a paste out of it and apply it to the affected area.
Vinegar is a potent anti-parasitic agent that can help get rid of pinworms. You can make a solution out of vinegar and water and soak your feet in it for about 20 minutes. You can also use it as a foot wash or make a paste out of it and apply it to the affected area.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pinworms?
The symptoms of pinworms are worm-like movement under your skin as well as itching and irritation around your anus. The most common symptom is itching around your anus. You might also notice a small red bump that is very itchy to touch around your anus.
- Pinworms can also cause anal itching, anal burning, irritation, or discomfort.
- You might also see small movements under your skin that look like dirt or tiny red thread-like worms.
- You can also experience abdominal pain, headaches, inability to sleep, anxiety, or depression.
- A child with pinworms might also lose their appetite, have difficulty studying, or have trouble sleeping.
- If your child has pinworms, also look for signs of other intestinal worms. They often occur together.
How To Know If You Have Pinworms?
If you’ve seen pinworms in your stool, then you can say you have pinworms. However, if you want to know if you have pinworms or not, there are certain ways you can check. For instance, if you’re a parent of a young child and you think that your child has pinworms, you can do the following:
- First, you need to separate the child from other family members.
- Next, you have to inspect the child’s bottom and make sure that there are no pinworms present.
- Later on, you have to examine your child’s bedding and clothing. If there are pinworms present, they’ll be clearly visible.
- Lastly, you have to check your own body. If there are pinworms present, they’ll be visible in your underwear.
How To Get Rid Of Pinworms With Natural Laxatives?
- You can also use natural laxatives to get rid of pinworms.
- For instance, rhubarb, senna, aloe vera, and cascara sagrada are three types of natural laxatives.
- You can also try senna. It is one of the best remedies to get rid of pinworms.
- You can also try aloe vera. Aloe vera is very helpful in treating pinworms.
- You can also try cascara sagrada. Cascara sagrada is helpful in treating pinworms.
- You can also try peppermint. Peppermint is also helpful in treating pinworms.
Pinworms are a common problem among school-aged children and are easily treated with medication. If your child has pinworms, keep him or her away from other children until you’re sure the worms are gone. Make sure to change your child’s bedclothes and clean the entire house to prevent the pinworms from spreading to other family members. If your child has pinworms, feed him or her garlic to get rid of the worms quickly. Alternatively, you can use bleach to kill the remaining worms and eggs.