In the past few years, smartwatches have become more ubiquitous. These devices combine the best aspects of a smartphone with features that are useful for monitoring fitness and staying on top of notifications. Smartwatches are convenient because they make it possible to do things like check the time, receive alerts and monitor your activity all while keeping your phone tucked away in a pocket or bag. However, there’t one downside of smartwatches is their limited usage. It’s not as simple as just checking the time on your smartwatch; you have to open the app and navigate through multiple screens before getting to see the time again. Fortunately, most modern smartwatches offer a feature called “time synchronization” that makes it easy to set the correct time without opening an app. Here are some quick tips on how you can set time on your smartwatch without using an app:
How To Set Time On A Smartwatch Without Using The App
- Check the time on your phone. The “time synchronization” feature is actually a syncing of the time between your phone and smartwatch. So, before you can set the correct time on your smartwatch, you need to ensure that you have the correct time set on your phone. You can do this by checking the time on your smartphone or using a clock app.
- Open Settings on your smartwatch. Next, open up the settings menu on your smartwatch and navigate to the “System” or “Device” section. Once there, look for a menu item called “Time Setting” or something similar; this is where you set the correct time on your smartwatch without using an app.
- Set an alarm to remind you to check the time again later. Before setting up a new alarm, be sure to check that your smartphone has been properly synchronized with your smartwatch; otherwise, it won’t be able to find the correct time. Once you’ve confirmed that your phone and smartwatch are properly synced, set an alarm for about 20 minutes later. When the alarm goes off, check the time on your smartwatch again to make sure the device has updated to the correct time. If it’s not accurate, you may have accidentally de-synced your phone and smartwatch.
- Open up an app on your smartphone. For some reason, this step is necessary for many smartwatches to update their clocks. So, open up any app on your smartphone; it doesn’t matter what app you use as long as it keeps you occupied for a few seconds while your watch updates its clock automatically.
- Check the time on your smartwatch again. Once you’ve finished opening the app, check the time on your smartwatch again to see if it’s synchronized with your smartphone. If not, repeat steps 1-4 until you have a properly synced watch.
- Set an alarm for about 20 minutes later and repeat steps 2-5 until you have a properly synced watch. Once you’re sure the time on your smartwatch is correct, set an alarm for 20 minutes later and make sure the time on your watch hasn’t changed by then. If it has, repeat steps 2-5 again until you have a properly synced watch.
- Exit out of settings and check the time again in 15 minutes. It’s possible that your smartwatch may lose its proper time setting after a little while, so you need to check back again in about 15 minutes to see if it’s still synchronized with your smartphone.
How To Set Time On An Android Smartwatch
- Open the Settings on your Android smartwatch.
- Depending on the model of your watch, you may have to swipe down from the top of the screen to access your settings.
- Select “Date & Time”.
- Tap “Time Zone” and change it to the time zone that you are in.
- Press “Set” and check if it is correct now by looking at your watch face for a few seconds and then going back to the home screen with a swipe up from the bottom of the screen or clicking on an icon in order to open another app on your smartwatch. If you see that time has changed correctly, then you’re all set! You no longer have to open an app just to change or set time on the smartwatch!
How To Set Time On An Apple Watch
- Press and hold the side button until the Power screen appears.
- Tap “Set Time” and set the correct time.
- Press the side button to return to your watch face.
- To sync your Apple Watch with your iPhone, open the Watch app on your iPhone and follow these steps:
- Scroll down in “My Watch” and tap “General”;
- Scroll down again and tap “Date & Time”;
- Scroll down again and tap “Set Automatically”;
- Tap “Enabled”;
- Tap “Update now” to update the time on your Apple Watch with that of your iPhone.
How To Set Time On A Samsung Smartwatch
- Turn on your watch, if it’s off.
- Scroll to the Settings icon and tap on it.
- Next, scroll all the way down until you see “Set Time,” then tap it.
- If you have an Android phone, you will be prompted to enter your phone’s passcode before the time can be set on your watch. If you don’t have a passcode set up on your phone, then you will simply be asked to confirm that you want to change the time on your smartwatch by tapping “Yes.” After that, follow the instructions as prompted by the smartwatch and set the correct time from there.
- You can also use a method known as “time synchronization” which is particularly helpful if you own an Android or iOS device and want to sync your smartwatch with it for setting time quickly without having to open an app or manually inputting numbers into the smartwatch. To do this, go to the menu on your phone and select “Settings.” Then, tap on “Date & Time” and make sure that your phone is set to automatically update the time. After that, simply select the smartwatch from the list of devices and press “Update Now” to set the time on your watch without having to open an app.
Now you know how to set time on a smartwatch without using the app. To begin with, you need to make sure that you have set the correct date and time on your smartphone. Next, put your smartwatch into “Time setting” mode. Finally, navigate to the “Time” option within the settings menu and select “Automatic”. Your smartwatch will now sync its time with your smartphone. These tips should come in handy the next time you need to set time on a smartwatch without using the app.
What is the use of setting the time on a smartwatch?
It is not just about setting the time, but also about keeping your smartwatch and smartphone in sync. This way you can receive notifications on your watch and reply to them using your voice or digital keyboard. You can also check out apps on your watch and download them directly from the app store.
Which smartwatches have a feature to set time without using an app?
Almost all Android Wear watches have this capability, including Moto 360, Huawei Watch, Sony SmartWatch 3, LG G Watch R, etc. Apple Watch does not support this feature because it has its own clock app which doesn’t require any manual configuration. The only way to change the time on Apple Watch is by syncing it with iPhone’s date & time settings.
How do I set time on a Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch?
To set the correct date and time on the Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch, you need to open the app menu on your phone and select “Settings.” Then, tap on “Date & Time” and make sure that your phone is set to automatically update the time. After that, simply select the smartwatch from the list of devices and press “Update Now” to set the time on your watch without having to open an app.