Whether you’re looking for a new set of dishes or just want to update the ones you have, Corelle is a perfect choice. Not only is it light and durable, but it’s also microwave safe. However, there are still some important aspects to consider before using Corelle in the microwave. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Corelle and microwaves, including which pieces are microwave safe, how to use them, and how to maintain them. Read on to learn more and make sure your Corelle dishes are safe to use in the microwave.
Is Corelle Microwave Safe?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as different models of Corelle microwave ovens may have different safety features. However, a majority of Corelle microwave ovens are safe for use, and some even have features that protect food from overheating.
What Is Corelle Made Of?
Corelle is made of tempered glass that is tempered to be very strong and resistant to breakage. It is also resistant to stains and scratches, which is why it is such a popular choice for dishes. But what does this mean for Corelle in the microwave? Let’s find out. First, tempered glass is stronger than traditional glass. This means that tempered glass is less prone to breakage than standard glass. So even though tempered glass is thinner and lighter than traditional glass, it can withstand greater force and therefore is less likely to break in normal use. Second, tempered glass is heated and then quickly cooled to increase its strength.
What Pieces Of Corelle Are Microwave Safe?
- Corelle plates with the “microwave safe” marking on the bottom.
- Corelle bowls with the “microwave safe” marking on the bottom.
- Corelle mugs with the “microwave safe” marking on the bottom.
- None of the other pieces of Corelle are safe to use in the microwave.
- If you need clarification on what you have, you can always check the manufacturer’s website for more information.
How To Safely Use Corelle In The Microwave?
- Check the manufacturer’s website for more information about which pieces of Corelle are safe to use in the microwave.
- Check the “microwave safe” marking on the bottom of the pieces of Corelle you’re using.
- Place the pieces of Corelle on a microwave-safe plate or bowl.
- Make sure that the power is off before placing the pieces of Corelle in the microwave.
- Wait until the “beep” sound indicates that the pieces of Corelle have reached their designated heating time, then remove them from the microwave and enjoy your new dish!
- If you’re unsure about whether or not a piece of Corelle is microwave safe, always test it first by placing it in the microwave for a short period of time.
- If you do experience any problems with your dish after microwaving it, don’t hesitate to contact customer service for help.
- Be sure to store your Corelle dishes in a cool, dry place to ensure their long-term durability.
- Avoid using excessive water or other liquids when cooking with Corelle dishes—this can damage the dish and/or make it difficult to clean.
- Always read the manufacturer’s instructions before using your Corelle dish in the oven, stovetop, or microwave.
Tips For Maintaining Corelle In The Microwave
- Always place Corelle dishes on a heat-resistant plate or tray when microwaving.
- Do not overheat Corelle dishes by microwaving them for too long or at high temperatures.
- Remember to remove Corelle dishes from the microwave carefully, so they don’t break.
- Be sure to dry Corelle dishes immediately after microwaving, so they don’t accumulate moisture.
- Store Corelle dishes in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- If you do experience any problems with your Corelle dishes in the microwave, don’t hesitate to reach out to the manufacturer for assistance.
Whether you’re looking for a new set of dishes or just want to update the ones you have, Corelle is a perfect choice. Not only is it light and durable, but it’s also very safe to use in the microwave. And if you follow a few simple tips for maintaining your dishes, you can use them for many years to come. Now that you know what Corelle is made of and how to use it in the microwave safely, it’s time to choose new dishes or update the ones you have.