Are you an exfoliate person? Yes, it’s actually a good practice for maintaining healthy skin and keeping dirt away. According to skin experts, exfoliation is a crucial component of any skincare regimen as it removes dead skin cells and makes clogged pores clear, giving you a youthful and vibrant complexion. But if done incorrectly, it can cause a variety of problems, from annoyance to injury.
Mistake 1: Over-Exfoliating
We all knowingly or unknowingly make this mistake. Over-exfoliating is never a good practice for the skin. The main mistake is doing it repeatedly. Many believe that frequent exfoliation will give them quicker results, but this can harm your skin badly as this can strip natural oil from your skin, which is a necessary part of healthy skin and moisture. You can do the following things:
● Understand your skin type and its specific exfoliation needs. If you have Sensitive skin, you may go for minimal exfoliation, it’s totally fine.
● You can make a simple timetable, like developing a consistent exfoliation schedule. Once or twice a week is fine for most of the skin.
● You must pay attention to how your skin reacts with specific ingredients when you exfoliate. if you notice it causing extra dryness or redness, then you must so less scrubbing, like once a week only.
Mistake 2: Using The Wrong Exfoliant For Your Skin Type
● Not every exfoliator is appropriate for every type of skin. Negative effects may result from using the incorrect product. Here’s how to prevent making this error:
● Understand Your Exfoliants Scrubs and acids are two of the two main categories of exfoliants. Find out which type suits your skin type the best.
● Select soft products: You should choose light exfoliants if you have sensitive skin. It can be better to use gentle manual exfoliants or chemical exfoliants like lactic acid.
Mistake 3: Skipping Sunscreen
Include sunscreen: Include sunscreen in your morning regimen without exception, especially after exfoliating. A broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more is recommended.
Reapply Sunscreen Whenever Necessary: Sunscreen protection degrades over time, so reapply sunscreen every two hours when you’re outside.
Wear Protective Clothing: To protect your face from the sun, think about donning a wide-brimmed hat and perhaps sunglasses in addition to sunscreen.
Mistake 5: Exfoliating During Active Breakouts
● If you scrub on the skin that has acne, it will cause more pimples. Never poke active pimples, as they can react badly and make the skin worse.
● If you must exfoliate while experiencing a breakout, exercise extreme caution. Avoid touching the afflicted region and use a gentle exfoliant instead.
● Emphasis on Prevention Consider including exfoliation in your normal skincare regimen to keep pores clear in order to avoid breakouts.
● Speak with a dermatologist: Consult a dermatologist for specialized care and advice if outbreaks continue.
When used properly, best exfoliating face wash can be a useful supplement to your skincare regimen. Keep the above things in mind and do the exfoliation safely to take the benefit of it to the fullest. Comment down your thoughts and other helpful tips for exfoliation, if any. We would love to hear that from you.