When you first start playing Minecraft it can feel like an overwhelming experience. You are dropped into this strange world with nothing but some wood and rocks to your name, and you have to figure out what to do next. Luckily for new players, there are a lot of resources online about how to build useful things in Minecraft and how to survive the first night without being killed by zombies. If you spend much time playing Minecraft you’ll soon learn that one of the secrets to making your game more enjoyable is building a great base or home area. There are many reasons why this is beneficial and in this article, we’ll cover several general tips on what you should build in Minecraft if you want to get the most out of your game experience.
What To Build In Minecraft?
The first thing that you can build in Minecraft is a small house. You should build it near a lake or river. In your house, you should place a bed, crafting table, furnace, and chests to keep your items. You will need to craft furnaces for cooking food and a crafting table for making tools and other items.
What Can You Build In Minecraft?
- Create a small house near a lake or river.
- Craft furnaces for cooking food, and crafting tables for making tools and other items.
- Build farms to grow wheat, carrots, potatoes, and more!
- Build a shelter to protect you from monsters at night.
- Build mines and find ores to create weapons and armor with different enchantments!
- Build a giant castle with many rooms, gardens, and towers!
- Use command blocks to create epic adventures! You can even use them to build automatic farms or mob spawners that will spawn monsters for you to fight at night!
- Build roller coasters using Redstone circuits!
- Make a secret base under the ground or in the sky!
- Build a boat and sail to new lands in the ocean!
- Explore deep caves, find diamonds, build forts and castles underground, and fight mobs that are harder to kill like cave spiders, silverfish, or even huge slime spawners!
- Find villages with blacksmiths where you can trade with villagers for special items like enchanted swords or enchanted books that give you special abilities!
- Build your own castle and make it as big as you want!
Where To Build?
- You should build your house near a lake or river. If you are in a cold biome, you will need to build your house near a fire.
- You should also build your house near trees and other resources that you can use to craft items.
- Your house should be some distance away from monsters unless you have a trap set up to kill them when they approach your home.
- You should also be some distance away from other players’ houses so that they don’t steal your items or attack you when you are inside the house.
- If the area has a lot of caves, then it is better than an open field as caves will provide some protection from monsters and other players who may be lurking around outside waiting for an opportunity to kill you and steal your stuff!
- If the area has a lot of trees, and you don’t have to go far to get more wood, then it is better than an open field as you can get wood easily.
- If there are no monsters or other players around, then you should build your house in a nice open field so that you can see all around you so that monsters don’t sneak up on you.
- You will need to be some distance from other players’ houses so that they don’t see what you are doing and steal your stuff!
- You will also need to be some distance away from caves so that monsters don’t spawn inside when you are trying to sleep at night!
- Some people prefer building their houses near the ocean or a lake, but this is not recommended as water can cause your house to flood when it rains!
- If the area has a lot of hills and mountains around, then it is better than an open field as it will be easier to see what is happening around you, and you can use the hills and mountains to hide your house.
- If the area has a lot of trees, but they are far away, then you should consider moving further away from them as each time you need wood it will take longer to get it.
- Some people prefer building their houses in a forest because there is more cover from monsters, but this is not recommended as it takes longer to get wood!
- You should also consider where other players are when choosing where you build your house so that they don’t steal your stuff!
- If there are no monsters or other players around, then you can choose an open field if there are enough trees nearby for wood and if there aren’t any caves nearby for monsters to spawn in at night!
Other Things To Build In Minecraft?
Build a Shelter
The first thing you’ll want to do when starting to build your base is to build a small shelter. This will protect you from mobs at night, and it’s also a good place to start saving up materials for future buildings. When building a shelter you’ll want to use cobblestone bricks rather than wood. This is only because cobblestone is a bit more durable and you won’t have to replace it as often. You can build a small house and fill it with dirt and gravel to start mining. Cobble is easy to get in Minecraft, especially when you are just starting out. Make sure you have a few torches on the outside of the shelter because mobs can spawn inside of it at night, and they’ll destroy your valuable materials.
Build a Storage Room
When building a large base, it’s important to build a room that will store all of your items and weapons. You don’t want to leave items out in the open for anyone to steal, and you don’t want to have to go back to your main base every time you want to pick something up. Build a large storage room near your main entrance so you can access it quickly and easily. You can also build a few lofts in this room to store your valuables like diamonds and gold. If you’re playing on a server, you don’t want to leave any valuable items in your storage room. It’s too easy for other players to break into your base and steal everything you’ve worked hard to collect. You can place a sign outside of your base that will let visitors know that you have a secure chest, but that they can’t break it open.
Build a Gym
When you’ve built a large base, you’ll want to make sure that you have enough room to build a gym. A gym is a great place to practice with all the tools you have such as swords, bows, and other weapons. You can also practice magic in the gym. This is a great way to get better at magic, and it’s a lot of fun too. You can build a gym near your storage room or main entrance so you don’t get in the way of your other buildings. It’s also a good idea to build it near a source of water to help with potions and other magic items. Keep in mind that other players can see your base on multiplayer servers, so try to build your gym in a way that makes it hard for them to snoop around. This can include things like building the gym above your storage room or using a wall that is hard to jump over.
Build an Observation Tower
Another great thing to build in your Minecraft base is an observation tower. This is a great place to store your items and look out over the land. You can see any hostile mobs coming your way, and you can also see if anyone is sneaking around your base. Building an observation tower is a great way to spend your resources and get the most out of them. You can use the cobblestone bricks to build a large tower and then fill the inside with dirt and gravel. You’ll be able to see a long way in most biomes so it’s a good place to store diamonds. Keep in mind that other players can see your tower from a long way off so try to build it in a way that is hard to spot. This includes things like building it above ground level or using blocks that blend in with the environment.
When you first start playing Minecraft it can feel like an overwhelming experience. You are dropped into this strange world with nothing but some wood and rocks to your name, and you have to figure out what to do next. Luckily for new players, there are a lot of resources online about how to build useful things in Minecraft and how to survive the first night without being killed by zombies. If you spend much time playing Minecraft you’ll soon learn that one of the secrets to making your game more enjoyable is building a great base or home area. There are many reasons why this is beneficial and in this article we’ll cover several general tips on what you should build in Minecraft if you want to get the most out of your game experience.