Anger is a natural response to stress, frustration, or unfair circumstances. We may also experience anger in our dreams as a way of processing these feelings. However, what we see in our nightmares is not always the result of an unresolved issue. When we dream, our mind takes all the emotions we experienced during the day and stores them. Sometimes due to various reasons, one or more emotions get stored in excess, which gets reflected in our dreams with an altered state of mind. Read on to know more about why am I so angry in my dreams.
Why Am I So Angry In My Dreams?
If you are angry in your dreams, it is a sign that you need to get angry in your waking life. It means that you should be more vocal about what you want and what you need to feel better. It means that you should speak out about how unhappy or frustrated or lonely you are. If someone tells you that they don’t understand why tell them to listen to their feelings and just talk about it with someone else? If they don’t want to talk about it, then they will have to deal with the fact that they are not communicating well enough with others.
What Does It Mean To Dream Of Being Angry?
- When I was young, my mother did not love me. She always felt she was right and I was wrong, and I was always the one who had to get punished for her mistakes. My father loved me unconditionally and he would always tell me that he loved me no matter what. It devastated my mother when she found out that my father did not love her as much as she thought he did. She became angry with him and swore that she would make him miserable the way that he made her miserable. Whenever I saw my parents arguing, I would get angry on their behalf because they both deserved better from each other.
- In a dream, my mother is crying at the funeral of her husband who died of cancer a few months before his death. Her husband’s best friend says to her “I don’t know how you do it”. She says “I don’t know how you do it either.” Her friend replies “I’m sorry about your husband’s death but you still have me, and I still love you.”
- I dreamt that my mother was trying to find a job. She had been unemployed for a few years, and she was desperate. There were no jobs in the area where we lived, and she didn’t know how to find a job anywhere else either. My father said to her “You’re never going to find a job, you’re too young.” She replied, “I don’t care about my age; I just want a job.”
- In another dream, my mother is wearing her best dress with the most beautiful perfume that smells like strawberries. The dress is too big for her so she has to keep pulling it up over and over again until she finally manages to put it on properly. She looks beautiful but feels very uncomfortable because of how much it’s revealing of her body. The perfume is not enough though because the smell of the dress is too strong for her nose, so she can’t enjoy the smell of the dress as much as she would like.
- In another dream, my mother is in a restaurant with my father and me. The restaurant is very expensive, and the food is really good. When I look at the bill, I can see that it’s more than double what we had originally ordered. My mother is furious because we didn’t order that much food! She says to us “Why did you order so much?” My father replies “We just wanted some of everything.” My mother says “I don’t care; we should have ordered less!”
- In a dream, my mother has long dark hair and her husband has short brown hair. I am looking at them both and thought that they looked very beautiful together until they became angry with each other so they decided to have a divorce. They were fighting over lots of things: money, children, shared interests, etc until they decided to get divorced. The end of the dream was when I realized that their children, who were grown up at this point, were very happy and content in their relationship with each other.
- In another dream, my mother’s husband has died and she is trying to get through his funeral without crying. She is surrounded by people who are trying to make her feel better about her husband’s death but she can’t do it; she just keeps sobbing and crying over his death. It was a very sad dream!
- In another dream, my father is dead and I am talking to my mother on the phone about him being dead. She says “I’m sorry your father died.” I reply “I know.” I can hear her crying on the phone because she is grieving for him. She says “I still love you.” I say “I love you too.”
Anger In Dreams: Repressed Emotions
- Repressed emotions are feelings that we have not been able to deal with or are not ready to deal with. They can be based on childhood issues, such as the death of a parent, abuse, or neglect.
- If you have repressed emotions from childhood that you are still dealing with, you will likely dream about them in your waking life (even if you don’t realize it). This may mean that you need some kind of therapy for getting to the root of these issues and resolving them.
- If your dreams are about being angry in general, then this could be a sign that something is wrong in your life. Try looking at what is going on in your life and see if anything is missing from it. Do you feel unfulfilled? Are there things bothering you? What do you want?
- If anger is the only emotion in your dream, then this could mean that there has been some unresolved anger or conflict within the dream. If you do not feel angry in your waking life, then this is a sign that you are not expressing yourself properly.
- This can also be a sign that you are feeling pressured and frustrated, or are struggling to get what you want in your waking life.
- If you dream of being angry and the emotion is not expressed in your waking life, then it could be an indication that there is some kind of blockage within the dream to allow this emotion to be expressed. You need to work with your unconscious so that it can help you deal with these issues better in your waking life.
- Feeling angry about something that has happened in a dream is often used as a symbol for repressed emotions from childhood or unresolved issues from the present day (for example about a friend or partner).
- If you have dreams about anger but feel no anger when awake, it could mean that something is holding back the expression of this emotion and preventing it from being expressed.
- If you have dreams about anger, and you feel angry when you wake up, then this might indicate that your problem is not the issue that the dream was about, but a different issue entirely.
- If your dreams are about repressed anger that is not expressed in waking life, then it could mean that there is some kind of blockage within the dream to allow this emotion to be expressed. You need to work with your unconscious so that it can help you deal with these issues better in your waking life.
Other Reasons Why We Might Be Angry In Our Dreams
- If you are angry in your dreams, it could be a sign that you are repressing emotions from the past. If this is the case, you may want to work on processing those feelings and then you will see your anger in dreams less frequently.
- If you dream of being angry at someone, it may be that your feelings are not being expressed as they should be in your waking life. Do some soul searching and see what is going on in your life and how you can express these feelings to others more effectively.
- You may be feeling guilty about something that happened in a previous dream. It might have been about someone else, but you will feel guilty if the person involved was a friend or family member. If that is the case, work through whatever guilt or pain you feel so this kind of dream doesn’t happen again.
- You might be experiencing anger towards yourself for something that happened earlier in the day. If this is the case, you need to be living a more balanced life. It is important to not allow yourself to get too attached to any one person or situation. Be open and honest with yourself and others.
- If you are feeling angry in your dream, it could be because of repressed feelings from the past that you have not dealt with in the present. If this is the case, it will only be a matter of time before you are angry in your dreams again. There are many ways you can work through these feelings, such as journaling or meditating.
Anger is a natural human emotion that we all experience at some point in our lives. When we dream of being angry, it is often due to an unresolved issue or repressed emotions from childhood that are rearing their heads on a subconscious level. Dreams can help identify and release these emotions so they don’t affect our waking lives. If you have been dreaming of being angry, pay attention to the people you see in your dream and the situation you are in. This will help you identify what the anger is stemming from and work towards resolving it so you can get some restful sleep.