Red lipstick has always been a popular choice for most women. Not only is it flattering, but it gives an instant “vampy” look. However, some women are not so lucky when it comes to the pout – especially those with a big bottom lip and thin top lip. A big bottom lip is also commonly known as trout pout or Venetian Lip. Some people have a natural predisposition to this condition while others may develop it due to genetics, hormonal imbalance, or even past trauma (physical or emotional). With the rise of social media influencers and beauty gurus, people are now more aware of the various aesthetic conditions that exist and how they can improve their appearance through cosmetic procedures. This article looks at the reasons why your bottom lip is so big and what you can do about it.
Why Is My Bottom Lip So Big?
The first reason why your bottom lip is so big begins with genetics. Genetics can influence your lip size by either increasing or decreasing the volume of your lip. Smaller or larger lip size is not necessarily a problem, but it does influence your choice of makeup and lip products. For example, if you have a smaller bottom lip, choosing to wear a pink lip is a great idea. This enhances your lip size, creates an illusion of a higher lip line, and a softer look. The same goes for a bigger bottom lip – you want to avoid wearing colors that are too vivid as they will make your lip look even bigger. Instead, you want to go with softer and more neutral colors like browns and nudes.
2. Hormonal Imbalance
The next reason why your bottom lip is so big is a hormonal imbalance. This is not very common, but it’s something that you should be aware of. During your menstrual cycle, there are times when a woman’s hormone levels are higher than others. This can lead to an increase in the size of your bottom lip for a short time. Many women report that their bottom lip starts to swell or expand just before or during their period. This can be a real problem for women wearing lip gloss or lipstick, as it increases the size of the lip further. Your bottom lip may return to normal after the hormone levels have returned to normal. This is something that you may want to check with your doctor about. If this is a problem for you, you might want to switch to a more natural shade of lip color.
3. Built-in Mouth Shapes
The next reason why your bottom lip is so big is a built-in mouth shape. Your mouth is comprised of two lip lines: upper and lower. If you are born with an upper lip line that is more pronounced than your lower lip line, your bottom lip will appear larger. It isn’t much you can do to change your built-in lip shape. However, you can use makeup to create a faux lip line that is more in line with your natural lip line. This will help to balance out the sizes of your lips. The shape of your upper lip may not be something that you can change, but you can use lip colors that are darker than your natural lip color to make the upper lip look smaller.
4. Excessive Lip Scratching
The next reason why your bottom lip is so big is excessive lip scratching. This is a common condition that results when your lip is repeatedly rubbed against your teeth. It can occur for a few reasons. If you are an avid lip scratcher, you will notice that the inside of your bottom lip is often darker than the outside. The darker color inside your mouth is from the blood that has been under your gums. Excessive lip scratching can cause your lip to swell and increase in size. If you want to reduce the size of your bottom lip, you can try using a lip balm or even a cold compress.
5. Bottom Lip Surgery (MLS)
The final reason why your bottom lip is so big is that you may want to consider a cosmetic procedure such as bottom lip surgery (MLS). MLS is similar to a face-lift as it is designed to correct a number of aesthetic problems. MLS is a three-step procedure, which begins with reshaping the lip. A portion of the lip is then removed, which helps to reduce its size. The final step of MLS is to place stitches to keep the lip in place during the healing process and to prevent movement during the day. MLS is a popular and effective procedure to reduce the size of your bottom lip. However, it is important to seek out a qualified surgeon who is experienced with performing MLS.
How To Fix Big Bottom Lip
- First, you should know that there are many ways for you to fix your big bottom lip. For instance, there are some people who like to use lip plumper on their lips. This is a simple way for you to make your lips look fuller and bigger. You can also use lip balm or lipstick that has color in it. However, it is not recommended to use the same color on the bottom lip as on the upper lips because this will cause your upper mouth area’s color to be dull when compared with your lower mouth area’s color.
- Another thing that you can do is use eyeliner as lipstick. However, it is not recommended to do this because eyeliner may cause some problems with the skin around your eyes. What’s more, if you apply too much eyeliner onto your lips then they will look unnatural and odd which might make others think that something is wrong with you.
- Another thing that you can do is use a lip liner. However, it is not recommended to use lip liner because it may cause the skin around your lips to look uneven and unnatural. There are also some people who like to use the same color on all their lips as well as on their cheeks and even on their eyelids. However, this approach will cause your lips to appear unnatural because of the different colors that you have applied to them.
- Besides these methods, there are also other ways for you to fix your big bottom lip such as using a lip pencil or lipstick. You can also use lip wax or a cream that is designed for this purpose. If you apply the correct amount of these products onto your lips then they will help make them look bigger and fuller than they already are naturally.
Tips To Make Your Bottom Lip Smaller
1. Find the Right Lipstick Shade
Finding the right shade of lipstick for your lips can do wonders for making your lower lip appear bigger. The right color can highlight your natural lip color, making your lips appear fuller. Depending on the color you choose, you can make your lips appear larger or smaller. When wearing a darker shade, your lips will appear smaller because the color will reflect less light. Conversely, a lighter shade will reflect more light, making your lips appear fuller. The best way to find the right shade of lipstick is to go to a store and try a few on. This will help you narrow down the color options until you find one that works perfectly for your lips.
2. Use a Lip Scrub
If your lips are particularly dry, you might notice that they make your bottom lip appear smaller. Dry, chapped lips are not only uncomfortable, but they can also make you look older. When your lips are dry and chapped, they can appear cracked and unattractive. By applying a lip scrub, you can exfoliate your lips and remove any dead skin, making them softer and appear more attractive. One thing to keep in mind is that exfoliating your lips too often can actually make them appear smaller. This is because the scrubbing action can cause your lips to swell and become bigger.
3. Practice Good Oral Hygiene
If your bottom lip appears smaller than your top lip, it might be due to less attractive breath. When your breath has a foul smell, it makes you self-conscious and less attractive. A great way to make your lips appear more attractive is to practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Scrub your tongue to remove bacteria that can lead to bad breath. Use an antiseptic mouthwash to eliminate any remaining bacteria. If your bottom lip appears smaller than your top lip, bad breath could be the culprit. By practicing good oral hygiene, you can eliminate bacteria from your mouth that leads to bad breath.
The first reason why your bottom lip is so big begins with genetics. Genetics can influence your lip size by either increasing or decreasing the volume of your lip. Smaller or larger lip size is not necessarily a problem, but it does influence your choice of makeup and lip products. For example, if you have a smaller bottom lip, choosing to wear a pink lips is a great idea.